"The Excellence Is In The Details"
Styles can quickly become outdated, so here are 7 quick tips to spruce up your home without spending a lot of money. Whether you’re selling your home in the real estate market or just want to keep your home looking good and up to date, Low Country Home Staging can help. You can do it yourself or hire us to come in and update it for you. I have a team of contractors that can get the job done quickly. Here at Low Country Home Staging, located in Pawleys Island, SC, we offer a variety of services to include: Interior design, home staging, remodeling and renovations from the floor to the ceiling, specific consultation design plans tailored to fit your needs and many other services!
1. Take down any borders! Not only do they make the ceiling feel lower, border’s were popular in the 80’s, that’s over 20 years ago, so get rid of them. Consider adding crown molding instead. This will update and add a upscale, nicer room appeal.
2. Create crisp lines. It may be as simple as painting your baseboards and trim glossy white (or, if you’re adventurous, a complementary color). It will freshen up the room and make it appear cleaner and brighter.
3. Update lighting fixtures liberally! I’m amazed at how many homes have lighting that came from the initial builder. There are so many stylish options out there that are not very expensive. Express yourself!
4. Bare all (or at least more)! I see a lot of heavy window treatments that darken rooms and collect dust. You may just need to remove a layer, or the whole thing. Whenever possible, let your windows take center stage and enjoy the view! Just make sure you wash your windows inside and out!
5. Get rid of the junk. Clutter is your worst enemy. Replace worn out towels with bright white (think spa). De-cluttering is a must! Pack up all little knick knacks (this distracts the buyer from the structure or the features of the home you are trying to showcase).
6. A few big accessories work better than a lot of small ones because it’s easier for your eye to know where to focus, and it eliminates hidden stress in a room. Easier to dust as well!
7. Paint the interior walls. Be adventurous… Painting is the very best and easiest way to give your home an up to date feel of your home. You can always go to your local home depot and find all the most up to date color choices.
Of course, if you feel your not the most knowledgeable or up to date on the current styles, contact us and we will be happy to help you create your new space! I highly recommend, at the very least, an in home consultation. You will get a lot of great advice and tailored plan that meets your individual needs. Give us a call and let us work with you to create your dream home!
Pawleys Island Home Staging & Interior Design currently serves the following areas- Pawleys Island, SC- Myrtle Beach, SC- Murrells Inlet, SC- Garden City, SC- Surfside Beach, SC- Georgetown, SC- Mt. Pleasant, SC- Charleston, SC- North Charleston, SC- Hilton Head, SC- Aiken, SC- Beaufort, SC- Augusta, GA-